Taco Bake (Vegan)
- 1 package Lightlife Smart Ground (Mexican-style)
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 cup corn grits (Polenta), prepared (see below)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use Old El Paso Hot n Spicy)
- 1 (4oz) can chopped ripe olives
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a pan with PAM (or whatever cooking spray) and heat the ground "beef" on medium for about 5 minutes, then add in the beans, taco seasoning, broth, olives and green chilies.
- Meanwhile, make the polenta. Bring 3 cups water (and a pinch of salt) to a boil, add the corn grits, stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the polenta to the "beef" mixture and stir it all together.
- Pour into a (PAM/cooking spray- sprayed) 9x13 casserole dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
I get 6 huge servings out of this. Each serving = 258 calories, 1.6g fat, 42g carbs (9g fiber, 1g sugar), and 17g protein. Delicious, with just the right amount of spicy :) And you could definitely make the servings smaller and get at least 8 instead of 6.
Gotta run, Laura