11 March 2013

Hummus Love

Happy (Meatless) Monday! I didn't get to run this weekend, despite the beautiful weather or the fact my treadmill is FIXED!  Lucy has not only eaten 3 Fitbits, about 12 dog beds, and a laptop (among other minor things), she also did this to my treadmill:



Thankfully, my husband was able to fix it by cutting above the chewed up part and then putting on a new pluggy thing. Whew! I really don't have an extra grand laying around to buy a new treadmill!

I did spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen this weekend. I had been trying out some different "Dessert Hummus" recipes, and I finally came up with the perfect combination of ingredients :)

"Cookie Dough" Hummus

 

Ingredients:
  • 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and peeled
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Add all but the chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (make sure there are no “pieces” of the chickpeas left).
  2. Pour into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
  3. Chill for at least an hour.
  4. Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, or eat it right off a spoon!

As for the nutrition information, here’s what you get for a 1/4 cup serving (makes 8 servings) because really, who can eat only 2 tbsp?!

Calories: 175, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 25g (fiber 3g, sugars 11g), Protein: 4.5g.
PointsPlus 5
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really amazing. I'm definitely trying it soon!

Caron said...

Yum!