I did spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen this weekend. I had been trying out some different "Dessert Hummus" recipes, and I finally came up with the perfect combination of ingredients :)
"Cookie Dough" Hummus
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and peeled
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Add all but the chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (make sure there are no “pieces” of the chickpeas left).
- Pour into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, or eat it right off a spoon!
As for the nutrition information, here’s what you get for a 1/4 cup serving (makes 8 servings) because really, who can eat only 2 tbsp?!
Calories: 175, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 25g (fiber 3g, sugars 11g), Protein: 4.5g.