17 March 2013

St. Patrick's Day 10 mile (virtual) Run

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and runny nose, and spent about 6 hours procrastinating this run. It turned out just about as bad as I expected - heh! But, I did do it! And that's more than I can say about my recent Sunday long runs!

I was a complete mess afterwards, and I really thought the last 3 miles were going to kill me.

Sweaty mess!

Here are my terrible splits :(

This was the 2nd race of the #13in2013 series, hosted over at JillConyers.com. The next one I have lined up for this series is a half marathon, on my birthday, June 22nd. That one is for National Pink Day :) I'll definitely be following a training plan, beginning tomorrow. Today's run reminded me that you can't just go from 3.5 mile runs to a 10 mile run without proper training. At least not without consequences.

On that note, I better get a shower, some dinner, and take Lucy for a walk. Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: