23 March 2013

Still sick, Mud run, & a Shout-out!

After steadily getting worse over the past week or so, I finally went to the doctor on Thursday. I have acute maxillary sinusitis. Yes, a sinus infection. I've been taking antibiotics, Flonase, and Mucinex for 3 days now, and I still feel like crap! I haven't gotten out of bed except to eat and to take the dog out.

Since I can't do much of anything but lay here, watch TV, and surf the internet, I've been trying to make my little blog look a little more festive. I must admit this is not very easy! I used to build computers, design web sites and make my own graphics. Now I can barely remember any html code. Thank goodness for people like Nymfont who do all the hard work and then let us tweak it to our liking :)

Needless to say, I haven't ran since Wednesday and that was hardly a run since I was sniffling and sneezing the entire time. Doc said absolutely no running until at least Monday at the very earliest.

Oh! Speaking of running, looky here:

I have been wanting to do one of these, and this one is on my birthday, and less than an hour away!!

One other thing before I go. I have a friend who received some devastating news the other day and I just wanted to give her a shout-out. Sarah and her adorable son, Cole, have been through hell, but they remain happy, positive, upbeat warriors! Sarah, I love you girl! You are amazing, inspiring, and awesome! I can't even imagine the struggles you go through, yet still manage to be the warrior that you are! The world would be a better place with more people like you in it. 

Gotta run, Laura

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love you too! Thank for caring about us! Xoxo Feel better!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com