10 March 2013

Thai-style Cabbage Noodles


I'm back! As some of you know my main Google account was hijacked by someone in China. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to even create a new blog, and then deciding between Blogger and Word Press.  As you can see, Blogger won. It's just so much easier to use :)
Please bear with me as I try to get everything set up. In the meantime, try out my new recipe: 

Thai-style Cabbage Noodles

  • 6 oz whole wheat pasta
  • 4 cups shredded cabbage (approx half a head)
  • 12 oz fresh brussels sprouts, chopped or shredded
  • 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions:

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions
  2. In a large pot put all ingredients except the pasta, cabbage and brussels sprouts. Stir over medium heat until it boils.
  3. Add the cabbage and brussels sprouts, reduce heat to low, stir until the cabbage is all coated in the sauce and let cook (on low) for 5-10 minutes (until cabbage is soft).
  4. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Done!
Makes 4 huge servings. Calories 357. Fat 9.5g. Carbs 58.5g (fiber 8.1g, sugars 18.2g). Protein 12.2g. PointsPlus=9.
Thai-style Cabbage Noodles. And yes I know that my pictures suck ;)
Can you say carb loading?! Next time I’m going to try this without the pasta and up the amounts of cabbage and brussels sprouts, and maybe throw in some mushrooms. The sauce itself is just perfect.

No comments: